Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Celebration

In April Scott and I dyed Easter eggs with Rachel and Westin. It was a fun disaster. We waited until the last minute to buy the supplies and then drove to 3 stores to get everything. Once we started it was almost 10 and we quickly got bored. (Scott was happy to have egg salad sandwiches for the next week though.) For Halloween we decided to do better. We bought the pumpkins in advance and even got a book full of patterns to carve. Everything went great until we started to work. If you've never used a pattern before be warned: they're hard and a LOT of work.
Scott chose the hardest pattern but also probably had the best turnout. He spent almost 3 hours to get his haunted house just right. I chose a much easier pattern and it turned out alright.

Rachel carved a spider but Westin decided to make his own pattern and ended up with a scary Jack-o-lantern.

In order of appearance: Rachel, Westin, Scott, Cecilie
And here's our pimpkins! (I realize I spelled that incorrectly but it's too funny to edit.) Hope you had a spooky Halloween!

4 comments:

Jake Spurlock said...

That spider was pretty cool... Love the wolves though.

melissa said...

Your pumpkin is wicked pimpin'... And I'm very impressed! Yours looked hard too. And I agree. This year was the first time we tried to do pumpkins from patterns, and Jake started his while I was putting Rush to sleep but he gave up half way through tracing the pattern. So he made me finish it, and I definitely spent the next two hours on "his" pumpkin. By then I'd had enough so I didn't do one of my own. Thanks heavens for community property...

melissa said...

One more thing. I love the look of concentration on your face. Good work, Cec.

Chrissy said...

Nice work on the pimpkins... I too noticed the concentration in the face. I also really like your shirt in the first pic... very cute :-)

And Melissa's comment made me remember all the many craft projects we would sit down and do for activities and what not, and she was SUCH a perfectionist and would spend HOURS working until it was completely finished... and of course everything came out beautifully!

I sure do miss you girls!